Wednesday, October 2, 2013

An Introduction to Poké-draw

My goal with this blog is just to have fun with something I've loved since childhood! I am a huge pokémon fan and have been playing the games for as long as I can remember. From Red and Blue all the way to Black and White (and now being way excited for X and Y), I have loved and followed every pokémon story, game, and pokémon.

I love drawing, and have been drawing on my own since 9th grade. I love drawing and get very excited about drawing, sculpting, and art in general. About a month ago, my husband challenged me to draw the original 151 pokémon. That's what this blog is about. I have decided that with each pokémon I have drawn, I will post a photo of the drawing as well as my personal thoughts and opinions about the pokémon. I will do this in sets of evolutions so that I'm not posting 151 times!

My hope is to continue on to the 2nd generation after the 1st is complete, but I'm taking it one pokémon at a time, so we'll see how things go! I hope you enjoy my blog and drawings, and don't expect anything fancy, because they are just simple, "pokédex" drawing of each pokémon, not any cool fan art or battle poses.

I draw everything free hand using my official "Pokémon Pokédex: Collectors Edition" hardback (Generations 1-3) book with about a 1x1 inch picture of each pokémon.

No comments:

Post a Comment